How to create object.js for each image

Jan 13, 2008 at 5:50 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2008 at 5:51 PM
I am using SilverZoom Client. It works nicely. By the way, How do you create object.js for each image? Would it possible to be generate dynamically? Is there any documentation of the content structure since some of the images in the sample have different number of arrays. Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 14, 2008 at 3:34 PM
Hi there!
I suggest you take a look at the SilverZoom Image Converter :)
This nice little tool prepares the images for use with the SilverZoom application and therefore creates at the end of the converting routine the object.js file.

Generally there is no documentation on the object.js itself, but if you take a closer look at the content of the .js file you can figure it out.
First there is the "standard" stuff defined, like name, path, dimensions and also the number of tile-depths.
Then there's the definition of the tiles and the corrosponding paths. The first dimension always responds to the tile-depth, so a '0' stands for the first tile-depth in zoom. A '1' is the next tile-depth and can therefore contain 9 more images, so it is declared as a sub-array and contains the paths for the next zoom-level.

But since you'll need the converter to create the matching images for SilverZoom i recommend using the generated object.js :)

Best regards,
David Scharfschwerdt
Jan 22, 2008 at 12:52 AM
What's the story on the SilverZoom Image Converter? I've been trying to figure out how this thing is supposed to work, and all it does is close out when I try anything with it.
This converter opens a comand prompt, but doesn't do anything for processing an image; at least I can't get it to work. I've looked at the documentation file, and it gives a little on the command prompts to use, but not one works; it closes out the CMD once I hit enter.
Is there any "How To" to get this to work with my own images??
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Sorry for the delay...
Everyone having trouble setting up the Image Converter or the images for the SilverZoom take a look at the Release and you see a fresh
"HowTo on using the SilverZoom ImageConverter and SilverZoom client application"
You'll see the Image Converter is a really simple application, and can easily be configured.

And always remember: if you're stuck with a console application, try the "-?"/"-help" parameter when calling the application in the console ;-)

Hope this helps!

Enjoy,
David Scharfschwerdt